Tuesday 16 December 2014

GALLE FORT, THE LAUNCH


So the day is almost here.

The launch of Around the Galle Fort in 80 Lives, the book I spent the three months in the summer working on is being launched at an extra special event in Galle Fort this Thursday.

It truly feels surreal to be telling people about an event when the book in question has been in part written by yours truly. And my name is on the contents page! With a photo and everything. 

I can't quite believe it to be honest. And I don't think it's really going to hit me until I'm on the plane on the way home.

For now I'm just enjoying the ride...and busily hand delivering five hundred invitations, all of which have this gorgeous painting you can see above on them.

It has been hand painted onto wood by one of the Fort's most incredible artists.

A one of a kind painting for a one of a kind evening.

Come on down to the Dutch Hospital, Galle Fort on Thursday 18th December at 5:30pm for an unmissable evening of celebration, tea, a giant cake and even a spot of devil dancing.

Painting by Janaka De Silva @ Sithuvili Gallery, Dutch Hospital, Galle Fort

No comments:

Post a Comment