Sunday 21 September 2014

LEFT MY HEART


So I'm home, I'm back to normality and reality.

But I think I might have just left my heart on that idyllic isle.

Every country has its flaws but with Sri Lanka, I've found that the only way you can truly appreciate the country for what it genuinely is is to just take the good with the bad and accept them both. It takes a mixture of everything to create a place worth seeing and exploring and once you can embrace that attitude, Sri Lanka becomes a country full of opportunity and discovery. Well it did for me anyway.

Sri Lanka is an experience like no other, a country that I cannot and will not ever be able to compare to any other. It is an island that produces some of the finest gems in the world, the spiciest chillies, the freshest coconuts and of course not forgetting one of the most poisonous drinks, arrack, a potion that some label a national treasure.

I have learnt to eat rice and curry with my right hand, how to stand up (sort of) on a surfboard, how to haggle for a tuk-tuk price and how to embrace every aspect of this incredible land.
For those of you who might follow in my footsteps I offer this advice: respect the country you are in and accept the place for what it is.

If you do that, you might just find yourself never wanting to leave.


Pic me, editing me




No comments:

Post a Comment