Friday 12 February 2016

TOO GOOD TO EAT


On this freezing cold Friday tea time, I have a confession to make...

I'm obsessed with pretty looking food. I love it. 
I love arranging it to look nice. I love it when the colours work. I love putting stuff around it to make it look even better.

And what I love above all else is taking a satisfyingly well lit photo of said beautiful food.

Why?! I really, truly have no idea.

I don't think anyone cares if my magazine matches my #smoothiebowl. Or that my smoothie bowl was seriously green this morning (actually 21 people cared about that one). Or that I made the perfect boiled egg

'Cos come on, all those things are pretty boring.

But I can't stop myself. Show me a pretty looking plate and I just have to photograph it. Wherever I am, whoever I'm with. Even though, if I'm out, I'm often incredibly embarrassed by having to stand up, holding my phone above my head to get the perfect birds eye shot.

I will say one thing though.
I never make food just to take a picture.

I just make it look better than it would on a regular morning. Because obviously I don't photograph my breakfast every morning...obviously.

Oh well I'm glad I've revealed that little bit of information about myself.

Do you incessantly take photos of your food? Or are you more normal than I and simply eat the food put in front of you?

One of the first lessons my parents taught me is not to play with my food...I guess an apology is in order. Sorry mum!

Pics via @ivrashton Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment