Friday 15 April 2016

DON'T WORRY, BEE HAPPY


So it's raining. It no longer feels spring-like as it did earlier in the week. In fact it's grey, drizzly but humid and frizz-making.

But you know what, spring felt so goooood, didn't it?! For that brief moment of blinding sunshine, I turned my face to the sun, channeled my inner sunflower and felt revitalised.

That probably had something to do with the fact that I spent the majority of the week wandering round the idyllic English countryside chatting to strawberry farmers and complimenting them on their bee populations and their plethora of flowering plants. (Research, of course. Essential research.)

There's nothing like hanging out with thousands of bees to cure those winter blues.

Alas it was not to last. Waking up to the unmistakable pitter patter of rain drops on my window this morning confirmed my fear as my heart sank.

Maybe spring wasn't here to stay? It was only passing through to be replaced with irregular April showers that make you curse your choice of suede footwear.

Or maybe not. My trusty weather app has informed me that the sun will appear, however briefly, at some point on Sunday. SUNDAY?!?!?

Until then, I will retire underneath layers of clothing, broken umbrella in tow.

But I'm still not going to take my sunglasses out of my bag.

Pics iPhone6

No comments:

Post a Comment